Something for nothing
Getting something for nothing never happens. Either the person that gave it to you lost or gained something, or you lose or gain something. In advertising getting something for nothing seems to be what entices people to buy a product. Companies will use advertising gimmicks of buy this item now and get it free (later)! The idea of getting something for free is ideal. It works so well because of either our general laziness, or the thought that we know a good deal when we see one. These thoughts pull us into their advertising and we buy it, whatever 'it' may be.
I received two rebate checks in the mail yesterday. I gave into the get something for nothing gimmick. Only after cutting upc's, filling out forms, and coping my information three time in print did I realize that if they put me throw enough crap maybe I would give up. Never. In the marketing circus they have us trained to perform a few tricks to get a reward. The company is the animal trainer and you are the animal. In order to get the product for free you must jump through this hoop and then that hoop, get through all the hoops in a certain amount of time, and make sure you pick up any upc's along that way. Only those with the will power and patience to complete all of the insane requirements receive what should have been rightfully theirs all along. Mark my words! Never again, will I fall for these stupid tricks . . . . unless it says free. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home