The price of a soul
The price of a soul used to cost quite a bit. It used to be that you would only sell your soul for something great. Something great as in a country, power, or riches. Well if your in the market today you can get a deal. Prices are always falling, and if you're lucky you can get one for as little as a buck.At work yesterday I was talking to a customer about current specials we had. I told him that there was no installation fee, that the price was good for a year, and overall it would be a good deal for him. What he wanted to do was cancel his current offer because it didn't have a special and get the new special. I connected him to a special dept that dealt with disconnects. After I transfered the customer the representative on the line went and told the customer opposite of what I had just explained. She told him there was an activation fee, that there wasn't a special he could get for the year, and that he would be better off keeping what he currently had. Everything she told him was a lie. She had sold her soul, and for what, an extra buck on her check.
It disappoints me that people will trade their integrity, honestly, and trust for a quick fix. Has it come to the point where a soul and the substance it is made of is worth nothing more that a few bucks and some change. I hope not.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home