Life, and its cruel sense of humor.
Life does seem to have a life and a mind of its own. It's almost as if life is its own entity. The part thats not so great about 'life' and it having a mind of its own is that it seems to have a cruel sense of humor. Sure, you could attribute this to yourself and you having an effect on the events that happen in your life, but it's almost ironic how and when those events will occur.
Today I was washing windows. Every time I wash windows the morning sky starts out clean and clear. There may be only one or two clouds in the sky, but over all it looks as if its going to be a nice sunny day. My thinking that is was going to be a nice sunny day for nothing, because I came near to the end of the job and to my surprise(I just expect this to happen now) there were dark clouds in the sky above my head as if to say, "ha you fell for it again". Then on the way home from the job it starts to rain, but its not going to pour from heaven so that it doesn't leave spots on windows. What it does is sprinkles for two minutes, just enough rain to have dirty windows.
What's a person to do with this kind of humor, nothing. You wash your car because the weather man says that there isn't the slightest chance of rain in the next week. Wrong. The weather mans in with 'life' and the minute you get done washing your car you have a twelve hour count down until it rains. Of course its not going to pour, all its going to do is sprinkle for five minutes when you're asleep and blow lots of dust around so you can keep people in business that own car washes.
How about this scenario, you don't want to spill anything on your clothes while you eat because you have plans later and can't go home. What happens. What happens is a nice drop of red ketchup lands on your white pants out of your hamburger in which you swear that the hamburger didn't even have any ketchup on it. Maybe you think that you can not possibly have your day go worse than it already has because you lost your keys, backed over your cat, and a bird dropped a surprise on you out of the sky. Then while your thinking of these events you're pulled over and given a nice ticket for speeding in a construction zone that you never saw in the first place.
Of course I could just be blowing everything I said way out of proportion and this kinda stuff never happens. Well it does, and if I'm the only one that it seems to happen to than 'life' truly does have a cruel sense of humor. So I live and learn and try to get used to jokes that no one else finds funny but 'life'. How do I cope with 'life', I laugh. Even if it's fake. I hope you enjoy today, because I have. Aaron

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home