Options. Different sizes, same price. I like it.
It seems funny to me that a 20 oz drink cost you the same price as a 2 litter. I've noticed that many items in stores cost nearly the same price, but what you choose to get for that price differs greatly. Why would anyone logic person purchase something that is smaller, when for the same price as the smaller item then can get a larger one.
Two factors cause this: First you have the convince factor, and second is the placement of the items within stores. I buy smaller items all the time. I'm in the store and I want a drink and I see the smaller drink in the front of the store and I grab one. Not thinking about it I purchase it, drink it, and I'm done with it. I could always go and get a larger drink in the back for the same price, but I don't because the smaller size is convenient, and the larger size is located in the back of the store. That means I would have to go the back of the store to get it (lazy huh, but we all do it).
This could have a positive effect by being smaller. This means less sugar, fat, and calories, but it also means a negative impact on my wallet. Fast food would never have survived if we were all logical. Why would I go get a 12 oz blizzard when I could go get a half gallon of ice cream and candy for the same price. Luckily I can ignore the logical side of life and do what I want even if I know I can get a different size for the same price. It's nice to have someone make something else for me, or to have something in a convenient size.
Two factors cause this: First you have the convince factor, and second is the placement of the items within stores. I buy smaller items all the time. I'm in the store and I want a drink and I see the smaller drink in the front of the store and I grab one. Not thinking about it I purchase it, drink it, and I'm done with it. I could always go and get a larger drink in the back for the same price, but I don't because the smaller size is convenient, and the larger size is located in the back of the store. That means I would have to go the back of the store to get it (lazy huh, but we all do it).
This could have a positive effect by being smaller. This means less sugar, fat, and calories, but it also means a negative impact on my wallet. Fast food would never have survived if we were all logical. Why would I go get a 12 oz blizzard when I could go get a half gallon of ice cream and candy for the same price. Luckily I can ignore the logical side of life and do what I want even if I know I can get a different size for the same price. It's nice to have someone make something else for me, or to have something in a convenient size.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home