Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Sellout!

I was listening to some music from a couple of bands a few years back and I remember hearing people calling these bands sellouts. Why did they call these bands sellouts, and how did they sellout. While I was listening to these bands music and their music I used to enjoy, I changed the song. Why did I do this if I once liked their music so much. I did it because I didn't enjoy that same type of music today.

Why do you think bands change their music style from Cd to Cd. They do it because the very nature of music changes between Cd's. Of course people might call them sellout because they changed, but who is it that really sells them out. Do they sellout, or is it us selling them out because music changed since their last album. Would we still buy their Cd if they released the exact same music as there last album. Music is their business and in order to stay at the top they must change what they do. The rock genre hasn't changed names in the last five years, but there is a complete difference between the bands there five years ago and the bands today.

No one is selling out, they are just trying to stay on top of a shifting market where the same music that was sold yesterday won't sale today. There are no sellouts, just people wanting different types of music in at different times. Nothing is constant. When change is presented to you don't accuse someone of changing in order for to succeed, because if that is the case then we are all guilty of such charges. If changing means success, then we are all sellouts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Some Christmas Pictures.
Make my day Click an ad!