Thursday, January 05, 2006

How again has technology improved communications?

We have a home phone, I have a cell phone, my two brothers have a cell phone, my mom has a cell phone, and my dad has a prepaid cell phone. Now with a total of five ways to talk to people in my family, not including my own phone, it should be fairly easy to get ahold of someone right? Wrong! Today on the way home from work I called every phone that we have, and didn't get a single person to pick up their phone. No, its not because they hate me (I hope), it's because they don't have their phones with them. Technology, great! I can call anyone, anytime, anywhere in the world. Sounds impossible, but its not. Practical on the other had, it isn't. Now that everyone can communicate with everyone everywhere, we don't. We stop using it for what it needs to be used for. Having a cell phone today isn't a benefit to anyone but yourself. Instead of making communication a part of our lives, we have taken it, made it wireless, and stuck it where no one can use it but ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Some Christmas Pictures.
Make my day Click an ad!