Thursday, September 22, 2005

Pain is Good

As Silas said in The Da Vinci Code, "Pain is good". Silas was right, not all pain feels bad, some pain feels good. Pain, generally, doesn't have the notation of being something desirable. When I hear that someone is in pain I think of hurting, suffering, and agony. Many people will take aspirin at the slightest feeling of pain to stop it, and yet others refuse to take any kind of pain killer until it becomes unbearable.

What got me thinking of this is yesterday, at work, a girl accidentally smacked her nose with her hand. She then commented on how good it felt, which is an answer you usually don't expect, but I think that it can definitely be true. Some pain has a initial sharp hurting, but then that pain turns into a numbing relaxed feeling. It still hurts, but not in a painful way. I don't know if that makes any sense or if many people experience pain in that manner, but to me not all pain is bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Some Christmas Pictures.
Make my day Click an ad!