Deceiving Voices
Whenever I hear a talk show host, a singer, or the voice of someone I don't know, I create an image for them. I imagine what type of hair they have, what kind of body shape they inhabit, and what their face looks like, and all this from their voice. Sometimes the person I imagined is in fact very similar to the actual person behind the voice, while others are a complete shock to me.If you have ever heard Coheed and Cambria, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say I would have never imagined the person signing is the person in the picture. I think we create the person that we want to see, and sometimes we're right and other times we're not. We make people out to be what we want them to. It's a fact of life. We transpose values, ideas, and actions of what we want on them, and then when we find out they're different, it's almost a shock to us. Funny how we do that huh? Anyways, here are a couple of more people where I imagined someone totally different than what they actually looked like. (Most of these I heard from my parents listening to the radio .)
- Dr. Laura Schlessinger
- Dr. Drew
- Rush Limbaugh
- Mike Reagan

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home