Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The mystery of music.

Music for me is one of two things. It is either just notes and words put together in an interesting melody, or it's the ability to pull me out of reality and take me to a different state of mind. I hope you don't get the idea that I go into a trace and become unresponsive, but what some music can do is take my thoughts and alter them slightly. Most songs, I hear, do absolutely nothing more then give me simple enjoyment, but they're those very few that have an effect on me. Does this effect happen because of where I heard the song first, is it because of some emotion linked to the song, or has the song come to mean more to me then notes and words. I don't know. Do artist write music merely for peoples enjoyment, or do they put blood, sweet, tears, and themselves into their work. I don't know, but for whatever reason they write music I'm glad. I'm glad that there are those few songs that have more of an effect on me then three minutes of noise. This is the mystery of music, how it has the power to take you where you normally can't go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Some Christmas Pictures.
Make my day Click an ad!